top of page
Terms of Service
This Search Engine Optimisation, Web Services and Reporting Agreement ("Agreement") is hereby entered into between you, your employees, and agents (collectively the "Customer") and applies to the purchase of all SEO Flatrate Digital Services, Website Services, Web Hosting Services, Email Hosting Services, Search Engine Optimisation Services, Reporting and Online Marketing Services (hereinafter collectively referred to as "SEO Services") ordered by the "Customer".
1. Term and Termination – This Agreement shall be effective as of the time frame the Customer signs up for or agrees to the supply of "SEO Services". This Agreement may be terminated (i) by either party upon written notice to the other giving (30) days notice from the end of the current monthly invoicing cycle; or (ii) if the other party breaches any material obligation provided hereunder and the breaching party fails to cure such breach within thirty (30) days of receipt of the notice. This Agreement may be terminated by SEO Flatrate (i) immediately if the Customer fails to pay any fees hereunder; or (ii) if the Customer fails to cooperate with SEO Flatrate or hinders SEO Flatrates ability to perform the SEO Services hereunder.
2. SEO Services – SEO Flatrate agrees to provide the customer with SEO Services as described in this Agreement. SEO Flatrate is authorised to use the specific keywords and/or phases provided by the Customer for development, improving the ranking of, and/or positioning the contents of the Customer's URL(s) in search engines and/or directories. SEO Services are intended to provide the Customer with preferential positioning in selected search engines and report results on an ongoing and timely basis. SEO Services include.
Research keywords and phrases to select appropriate, relevant search terms.
Submit Customer's pages to search engines and directories as set forth in this Agreement.
Modify the title tags, meta tags, content, HTML code, URLs and other onpage factors.
Create positioning reports showing rankings in the major search engines and under which keywords.
Provide a range of SEO packages chosen by the customer from our website or chosen by SEO Flatrate on behalf of the Customer as part of an agreed tailored solution.
3. Fees; Limitations on Refunds and Cancellation Fees – Customer agrees to pay SEO Flatrate any and all fee(s) as billed in accordance with this Agreement. All SEO Flatrate SEO services are modeled on a pay as you go basis providing clarity and transparency for the Customer and may be subject to price increases from time to time without prior notice. The fee(s) therefore must be received prior to the start of any SEO Services. THE CUSTOMER FURTHER AGREES THAT, IN THE EVENT OF ANY TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT BY CUSTOMER, NO REFUNDS SHALL BE GIVEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER. THE CUSTOMER FURTHER AGREES TO PAY UPON CANCELLATION THE AMOUNT OF ANY CANCELLATION FEES OR OTHER AMOUNTS DUE TO SEO FLATRATE AS PROVIDED IN THE AGREEMENT. SEO FLATRATE IS HEREBY AUTHORISED TO CHARGE CUSTOMER'S ACCOUNT OR OTHER PAYMENT MECHANISM FOR ANY AMOUNT OWED BY THE CUSTOMER TO SEO FLATRATE.
4. Customer Responsibilities – For the purposes of providing these services, The Customer agrees:
To provide SEO Flatrate where necessary with FTP access to its web sites for uploading new pages, and making changes for the purpose of SEO Services optimisation or approval to go through a third party.
Unless a direct debit agreement is in place with the customer agrees to pay for all services up front prior to any work commencing.
To authorise SEO Flatrate use of all Customer's logos, trademarks, Web site images, etc., for use in creating informational pages and any other uses as deemed necessary by SEO Flatrate for search engine positioning, marketing and optimisation.
That if the Customer's web site(s) is light in textual content, the Customer will provide additional relevant text content in electronic format for the purpose of creating additional web pages. The Customer agrees to provide content, for example 200 to 500 word "articles" about each of their keyword phrases.
5. Search Engines – Selected search engine submissions include:
6. Customer Acknowledgements – Customer understands, acknowledges and agrees that:
SEO Flatrate has no control over the policies of search engines or directories with respect to the type of sites and/or content that they accept now or in the future. The Customer's web site(s) may be excluded from any search engine or directory at any time at the sole discretion of the search engine or directory entity. SEO Flatrate will on request resubmit those pages that have been dropped from the index.
Some search engines and directories may take as long as two (2) to four (4) months, and in some cases longer, after submission to list Customer's web site(s). Occasionally, search engines and directories will stop accepting submissions for an indefinite period of time. Occasionally, search engines and directories will drop listings for no apparent or predictable reason. Often, listings will "reappear" without any additional submissions. Should the listing not reappear, SEO Flatrate will re-submit the web site(s) based on the current policies of the search engine or directory in question.
Some search engines and directories offer expedited listing services for a fee. SEO Flatrate encourages the Customer to take advantage of these expedited services. The Customer is responsible for all expedited service fees.
7. Web Site Changes – SEO Flatrate is not responsible for changes made to the Customer's web site(s) by other parties that adversely affect the search engine or directory rankings of the Customer's web site(s).
8. Additional Services – Additional services not listed herein will be provided on an hourly basis for a fee of £40.00 per hour. SEO Flatrate is not responsible for developing new content or writing new content for the Customer. The Customer will be charged an additional fee for writing content if not supplied by the customer on request, based on the hourly rate of £40.00 per hour. Website audits are provided free of charge to the customer, however agreeing to provide us with your contact details signals your willingness to receive marketing emails and periodic newsletters. Customers can choose to opt out of receiving mail at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe button withing the newsletter or by contacting us and requesting to be removed from all email marketing.
9. Indemnification – The Customer shall indemnify and hold harmless SEO Flatrate (its owners and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or any other partners, and employees) from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable Legal' fees and all related costs and expenses) incurred by SEO Flatrate as a result of any claim, judgement, or adjudication against SEO Flatrate related to or arising from (a) any photographs, illustrations, graphics, audio clips, video clips, text, data or any other information, content, display, or material (whether written, graphic, sound, or otherwise) provided by the "Customer" to SEO Flatrate (the "Customer Content"), or (b) a claim the SEO Flatrates use of the Customer Content infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party. To qualify for such defence and payment, SEO Flatrate must: (i) give the Customer prompt written notice of a claim; and (ii) allow the Customer to control, and fully cooperate with the Customer in, the defense and all related negotiations.
10. Disclaimer of All Other Warranties – SEO FLATRATE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SEO SERVICES WILL MEET THE CUSTOMER'S EXPECTATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE IS WITH CUSTOMER. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN THIS AGREEMENT, SEO FLATRATE PROVIDES ITS SERVICES "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT (A) THE LIMITED WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION ARE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY EACH PARTY, AND (B) EACH PARTY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, PERFORMANCE OR INABILITY TO PERFORM UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, THE CONTENT, AND EACH PARTY'S COMPUTING AND DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM. IF ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL, VOID, OR FOR ANY REASON UNENFORCEABLE, THEN THAT PROVISION SHALL BE DEEMED SEVERABLE FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY AND ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY REMAINING PROVISIONS.
11. Limited Liability – IN NO EVENT SHALL SEO FLATRATE BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, LOST PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE OR ALLEGED TO BE BASED ON BREACH OF WARRANTY, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY, ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY PERFORMANCE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY PROVIDED HEREIN. THERE SHALL BE NO REFUNDS. SEO FLATRATE MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT OR ANY SOFTWARE, EQUIPMENT, OR HARDWARE OBTAINED FROM THIRD PARTIES.
12. Customer Representations – The Customer makes the following representations and warranties for the benefit SEO Flatrate:
Customer represents to SEO Flatrate and unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to SEO Flatrate are owned by the Customer, or that the Customer has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend SEO Flatrate, it's owners & subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the Customer.
The Customer guarantees any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork provided to SEO Flatrate for inclusion on their website above are owned by the Customer, or that the Customer has received permission from the rightful owner(s) to use each of the elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and permission from the rightful owner(s) to use each of the elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend SEO Flatrate its owners and its subcontractors from any liability or suit arising from the use of such elements.
From time to time governments enact laws and levy taxes and tariffs affecting Internet electronic commerce. The Customer agrees that the client is solely responsible for complying with such laws, taxes, and tariffs, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend SEO Flatrate it's owners and its subcontractors from any claim, suit, penalty, tax, or tariff arising from the Customer's exercise of Internet electronic commerce.
13. Confidentiality – The parties agree to hold each other's Proprietary or Confidential Information in strict confidence. "Proprietary or Confidential Information" shall include, but is not limited to, written or oral contracts, trade secrets, know-how, business methods, business policies, memoranda, reports, records, computer retained information, notes, or financial information. Proprietary or Confidential Information shall not include any information which: (i) is or becomes generally known to the public by any means other than a breach of the obligations of the receiving party; (ii) was previously known to the receiving party or rightly received by the receiving party from a third party; (iii) is independently developed by the receiving party; or (iv) is subject to disclosure under court order or other lawful process. The parties agree not to make each other's Proprietary or Confidential Information available in any form to any third party or to use each other's Proprietary or Confidential Information for any purpose other than as specified in this Agreement. Each party's proprietary or confidential information shall remain the sole and exclusive property of that party. The parties agree that in the event of use or disclosure by the other party other than as specifically provided for in this Agreement, the non-disclosing party may be entitled to equitable relief. Notwithstanding termination or expiration of this Agreement, SEO Flatrate and the Customer acknowledge and agree that their obligations of confidentiality with respect to Proprietary or Confidential Information shall continue in effect for a total period of twelve (12) Months from the effective date.
14. Force Majeure – Neither party will be liable for, or will be considered to be in breach of or default under this Agreement on account of, any delay or failure to perform as required by this Agreement as a result of any causes or conditions that are beyond such Party's reasonable control and that such Party is unable to overcome through the exercise of commercially reasonable diligence. If any force majeure event occurs, the affected Party will give prompt written notice to the other Party and will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimise the impact of the event.
15. Relationship of Parties – SEO Flatrate, in rendering performance under this Agreement, shall be deemed an independent contractor and nothing contained herein shall constitute this arrangement to be employment, a joint venture, or a partnership. Customer does not undertake by this Agreement, or otherwise, to perform any obligation of SEO Flatrate, whether by regulation or contract. In no way is SEO Flatrate to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of the Customer in any respect, any other provisions of this Agreement notwithstanding.
16. Notice and Payment – Any notice required to be given under this Agreement shall be in writing and delivered personally to the other designated party, mailed by certified, registered or Royal mail, signed for return receipt requested. Either party may change its address to which notice or payment is to be sent by written notice to the other under any provision of this paragraph.
17. Jurisdiction/Disputes – This Agreement shall be governed and constructed in accordance with the laws of England & Wales. All disputes under this Agreement will only be decided by the courts of England & Wales and the Parties all consent to the jurisdiction of such courts, agree to accept service of process by mail, and hereby waive any jurisdictional or venue defences otherwise available to it.
18. Agreement Binding on Successors – The provisions of the Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the Parties hereto, their heirs, administrators, successors and assigns.
19. Assignability – The Customer may not assign this Agreement or the rights and obligations thereunder to any third party without the prior express written approval of SEO Flatrate & its owners or subsidiaries. SEO Flatrate reserves the right to assign subcontractors as needed to any project to ensure on-time completion.
20. Waiver – No waiver by either party of any default shall be deemed as a waiver of prior or subsequent default of the same of other provisions of this Agreement.
21. Severability – If any term, clause or provision hereof is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity or operation of any other term, clause or provision and such invalid term, clause or provision shall be deemed to be severed from the Agreement.
22. No Inference Against Author – No provision of this Agreement shall be interpreted against any Party because such Party or its legal representative drafted such provision.
23. Read and Understood – Each Party acknowledges that it has read and understands this Agreement and agrees to be bound by its terms and conditions prior to placing an order.
Last updated 20.01.2018
bottom of page